Olivia Bensinger

Olivia Bensinger currently practices at Hughes, Hubbard and Reed, one of the most prestigious and respected firms in the country.

Since she was a child, Olivia Bensinger has strived to take care of the planet through advocating and recycling. Now, her goal is to save the planet through the law.

Bensinger, a UA and Harvard Law School alumna, is an associate at Hughes, Hubbard and Reed—an international law firm that has been ranked No. 1 on The American Lawyer’s “A-List” and recently won multiple honors at the 2018 Americas IP Awards.

“I wanted to get my feet on the ground at a bigger law firm,” Bensinger said. “I really enjoyed everyone I met [there]. It definitely seemed like a place where I could begin my career and be happy.”

While working at the firm, Bensinger is maintaining her connection to her environmental roots through her involvement in the Events Sub-Committee of the New York chapter of the Trust for Public Land, an organization with a national goal that everyone lives within a ten-minute walk of a quality park.

“Access to public parks and green spaces is a health and environmental justice issue,” Bensinger said. “I’m really excited about contributing to and becoming involved with an organization that is working to provide equal access to parks to the people of New York.”

2020 Update

Bensinger recently moved back to her home state of Alabama, where she clerks for Judge Lynwood Smith in the state’s northern district.

“One of the best things about being back is the extra space!” Bensinger said. “I’m also enjoying being able to drive to see my parents and other family, and access to outdoor activities.”

In addition to her recent move, Bensinger currently serves as the Internal Vicechairperson for the Blackburn Institute’s Fellows Involvement Network, which connects alumni and members of UA’s Blackburn Institute around the country.