Digital Honors: Sean Drummond

Sean Drummond
Sean Drummond

Sean Drummond is one of this year’s Dean’s Award of Merit winners. A senior from Birmingham, Alabama, Sean is majoring in biology and minoring in Spanish.

What has been your favorite experience?

My favorite experience has been being an ambassador for the College of Arts and Sciences. It offers such a unique opportunity for communicating your undergraduate journey to prospective students, alumni, and donors. It has opened me up to the vast spectrum of programs and scholarly activities this College provides to its students. It has also put me in contact with a diverse group of students, a vital part of any college experience. Hearing their passions and helping them along their journey towards their aspirations has been extremely rewarding.

What made you choose UA?

The University of Alabama did a fantastic job of recruiting in my area, and the trait that set them apart was their use of students in open forums. Hearing the students’ involvement in experiences outside of the classroom, such as research, community service, and study abroad programs, opened my eyes to how special of a place the University of Alabama is. As a pre-medical student, I was very interested in the success of their pre-professional programs and found their statistics higher than all of the national averages by a substantial measure. This, along with a tour of the beautiful campus, cemented my decision.

What advice would you give to incoming students?

Don’t remain in your dorm. There’s a big, bright world outside filled with special people and college provides such an exciting window of opportunity for personal growth in your community. Keep an open mind and find a way to serve others with the resources, education, and opportunities that you possess.