Advising Dates and Times
We encourage you to speak with an advisor in the Student Services Center if you’re thinking of changing or adding a major/minor, transferring, or for help finding the right resources at UA.
Course registration begins at the end of October and March so you will need to get your pin cleared before then to register on time. Please make an appointment with your advisor to talk about your courses and get your pin cleared.
- Freshmen/first-year students will see an advisor in A&S Student Services Center: Make an Appointment
- Upperclassmen who are unsure of their major(s) will see an advisor in A&S Student Services Center: Make an Appointment
- Upperclassmen who have chosen their major(s) will see their faculty/departmental advisor. If you’re unsure of who your advisor is, please check out the Find Your Advisor page.
Course Registration Advising
- Be sure you are attending the correct type of advising! The Student Services Center will not clear upperclassmen pins until after peak advising ends.
- You can prepare for your advising appointment by looking at your DegreeWorks and making a list of courses you would be interested in taking.
What types of advising are there?
- By Appointment: You will need to schedule a virtual or in-person appointment with one of our advisors through the Make an Appointment website. Appointments are the only way to get your PIN cleared. Note that you have to search for in-person and virtual appointments separately.
- On-Call/Drop-In Advising: You do not need an appointment to see an advisor for quick questions, changing your major, or finding another course after you’ve been advised. Wait times will vary depending on peak advising times throughout the semester. Advisors do not do full semester registration planning or clear PINs in these sessions.
- On-Call Advising is Monday–Friday from 1:00–3:30 pm via Zoom. When you join, the advisor will see you in order of login.
- Drop-in Advising is Monday–Thursday from 1:00–3:30 pm in Clark Hall 200 (located on the second floor of Clark Hall, directly behind Gorgas Library). You will be seen in order of arrival.
Students may also email their advisor or our office at email@example.com. We will answer your questions or get you connected to the right office.