Frequently Asked Questions

When should I be seeing my faculty advisor?

All first-year students, regardless of whether they’ve declared majors, are advised by the College of Arts and Sciences Student Services Center in 200 Clark Hall.

If you’ve declared a major, you’ll be advised by someone in your major department starting in your sophomore year. In most departments, advising for the upcoming fall semester begins in March; for spring semester, expect to get advised in October. Watch for email, fliers, or announcements from your department directing you to sign up for an advising appointment.

If your major is undeclared, you’ll be advised in the A&S Student Services Center in 200 Clark Hall — in March for fall semester, and in October for spring semester.

Incoming freshmen are advised during Bama Bound summer orientation.