Transferring into the College

Whether you’re from a school across the state or across the globe, we welcome you to the College of Arts and Sciences. We’ll make every effort to ensure that your transition to The University of Alabama is as smooth as possible. You can help that process by taking the following steps:

1. Visit our transfer credit page.

Be sure to read both the section for future A&S students and the section for all students.

2. Send transcripts promptly.

As you apply for admission to The University of Alabama, have your transcripts from all sources sent to the University as quickly as possible. This will facilitate the evaluation of your previous coursework for University of Alabama credit.

If you are planning to transfer to The University of Alabama from a junior or community college in Alabama, you will need to know the junior or community college equivalents to the College’s courses. STARS, the Statewide Transfer Articulation and Reporting System, facilitates the process of moving from Alabama state schools to UA. Learn more by reviewing the University Registrar’s transfer credit page, the STARS website, and the College of Arts and Sciences’ STARS Area V requirements.

3. Register for orientation.

After you receive notice of admission to the University, sign up for a transfer orientation session. At orientation, you’ll meet with an advisor who will discuss degree requirements and help you plan and register for your first semester at Alabama.


If you have any questions or concerns not addressed during orientation or on the College of Arts and Sciences website, contact the A&S Student Services Center in 200 Clark Hall at (205) 348-5970 or

You can also submit a question via our Ask an Advisor page — and don’t forget to check out our FAQs, a resource compiled from the questions our advisors hear most often from current and incoming A&S students.

Questions about your admission status should be directed to the University’s Office of Undergraduate Admissions, 1-800-933-BAMA (2262), or