To advance knowledge through superior research, scholarship, and creative activity and to provide all University of Alabama students with an essential foundation in the liberal arts. The College is committed to the liberal arts philosophy that fosters creative and critical thinking and a lifetime of learning.
The College will be a forward-thinking leader in the creation, sharing, and application of knowledge. As it prepares the citizens of the future, the College will act on the principle that knowledge must serve humanity and our environment and be dedicated to global responsibility, justice, and ethics.
Our Strategic Goals
- Produce top-tier research, scholarship, and creative activity and develop nationally recognized centers of learning.
- Recruit and support outstanding faculty in order to enrich our undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Provide stimulating learning communities, locally and globally, where students may grow intellectually and personally.
- Advance student learning through pedagogical innovation and technology.
- Enhance quality of life in our communities through cultural, intellectual, and social opportunities and programs; and contribute to economic development through teaching, research, scholarship, creative activity, and outreach.